Yes! We’re Back!
WE HAVE MISSED YOU!
Yes! We’re back! Our doors opened to the public on August 21, 2020!
You read it correctly, we are now open!
BEFORE YOU COME
Before you make your plans please understand the following:
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- Call 800-903-3353 (Ask if there are any lines or wait times).
- No Shuttle services from Lot 4
- The Casino property will be enforcing an 18 and older policy, this includes Grizzly Food Court and The River Steakhouse. Please do NOT bring your children under 18 to the property for any reason.
- We will be hosting at limited capacity.
- Guest’s temperature will be taken at the entrance of the Casino – this will be accomplished using no-touch thermometers. Please note this process may create lines during higher volume business hours. Once cleared guests will be given a colored wristband, which must be worn at all times during your visit.
- Guests are required to wear facial coverings and wristbands while on property – do not forget to bring your facial covering.
- Facial Coverings are mandatory by Tribal Ordinance. If caught without a facial covering, you will be cited.
- Physical distancing measures will be in effect property-wide. Please respect and follow the new rules set forth to keep us all safer.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Entry and exit to the Casino is ONLY at the front entrance of the Casino. Outside smoking/vaping area available. All other point of entries will be Emergency use ONLY.
- No smoking near entrance of Casino and in entrance line.
- There may be a line at the entrance of the Casino. Please be patient as we keep count.
- Should you exit the Casino for any reason, including going to eat at the Food Court or Steakhouse, it will require you to get back in line to re-enter.
- Wristbands and facial coverings are required to enter the Food Court and Steakhouse. If you do NOT have a wristband, screening is required before entry.
Facial Coverings are mandatory by Tribal Ordinance. If caught without a facial covering, you will be cited.
No smoking near entrance of Casino and in entrance line.
Frequently asked questions guests might have:
Q: Are you open?
A: Yes, we opened to the public at noon on August 21, 2020.
Q: Are your buses running?
A: Currently we do not have our charter buses; we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Q: Are your shuttle buses from Lot 4 running?
A: Currently the shuttle from Lot 4 is for employees only; guests will have to drive up. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Q: Will my mailer offer for July be honored since I wasn’t able to use it?
A: Yes, it will be honored until September 30, 2020.
Q: Now that you are reopened, do I get my Summit Club offers that I missed while you were closed?
A: All current offers and rewards will be extended OR a special offer will be given.
Q: What if my Anniversary or Birthday was during the closure, would I miss my rewards?
A: Anniversaries or Birthdays missed during our closure will be extended or a special offer will be given until September 30, 2020.
Q: Are your restaurants opened?
A: The Grizzly Food Court is open 24 hours, The River Steakhouse is open Friday – Sunday 5pm – 10pm, and the Forest Buffet is closed until further notice.
Q: Are we still required to be screened?
A: Yes, we will continue with precautionary measures as we did prior to closing. Temperature check will be required to get into the Casino, the Food Court, the Steakhouse, and any office building.
Q: Are you still allowing a limited amount of people in?
A: Yes, the Casino is operating at limited capacity.
Q: Am I allowed to smoke in the Casino?
A: The Casino is operating as a Non-Smoking facility. Smoking is permitted outside in the smoking area by the event center.
Q: Are you cleaning the casino?
A: Yes, we have increased preventative measures. We have frequent cleaning schedules in high traffic areas where germs or viruses can be transmitted. We also have more hand sanitizer stations throughout the property.
For Additional Summit Club Questions or Concerns:
· Send a message through Messenger on Facebook @EagleMountainCasino
· Email Marketing@eaglemtncasino.com
· Leave a message calling 800-903-3353 Ext 1912
· or Contact your Host
Your Best Bet in Tulare County!
Eagle Mountain Casino is owned and operated by the Tule River Indian Tribe, located on the Tule River Indian Reservation in Porterville, Ca. Since 1996, we have grown to a full service casino with two restaurants, a food court, nearly 1,200 slots, 10 table games, a gift shop, the Yokut’s Coffee House and an Entertainment Center.
The Tule River Indian Tribe of California is an independent, self-governed nation that supports their people and the surrounding communities through culture and economic development.