Yes, We’re Open!
Dear Valued Guest,
Eagle Mountain Casino is OPEN and plans to remain open for our local community, valued guest, and Team Members. Our business and Team Members are deemed “essential” to the community and we will continue to operate with our normal business hours.
In March and July 2020 we voluntarily closed our doors to address the COVID-19 global pandemic. During our closures, The Tule River Tribe and Eagle Mountain Casino created and established preventive protocols, safety and disinfecting practices, and social distancing measures that exceed public health guidelines, to ensure a clean and safe environment for our guests and Team Members. You may view these measures at www.eaglemtncasino.com/about-us and at www.trihci.org/covid-19
Eagle Mountain Casino guests, Team Members, and surrounding community remain our top priority. The ordinances placed by Tule River Public Health Authority to prevent the spread of COVID-19 will be enforce for everyone’s health and safety. If you are not feeling well, please get well first before visiting us. When visiting us please know:
· Face mask and Temperature taking are REQUIRED before entering.
· LIMITED capacity in the Casino and dining areas.
· Practice social distancing among others and in lines.
· Sanitize often, we have plenty of sanitation/disinfectant stations throughout the Casino.
· In-door Smoking is NOT allowed. We have a designated smoking area.
· In-door Restaurants have been redesigned for social distancing and additional safety measures.
· Our Team Members will be disinfecting and cleaning machines and high touch areas often.
We thank you for your continued support in being your casino, “The People’s Casino”.
BEFORE YOU COME
Before you make your plans please understand the following:
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- No Shuttle services from Lot 4
- The Casino property will be enforcing an 18 and older policy, this includes Grizzly Food Court, Forest Buffet, and The River Steakhouse. Please do NOT bring your children under 18 to the property for any reason.
- We will be hosting at limited capacity.
- Guest’s temperature will be taken at the entrance of the Casino – this will be accomplished using no-touch thermometers. Please note this process may create lines during higher volume business hours. Once cleared guests will be given a colored wristband, which must be worn at all times during your visit.
- Guests are required to wear facial coverings and wristbands while on property – do not forget to bring your facial covering.
- Facial Coverings are mandatory by Tribal Ordinance. If caught without a facial covering, you will be cited.
- Physical distancing measures will be in effect property-wide. Please respect and follow the new rules set forth to keep us all safer.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Entry and exit to the Casino is ONLY at the front entrance of the Casino. Outside smoking/vaping area available. All other point of entries will be Emergency use ONLY.
- No smoking near entrance of Casino and in entrance line.
- There may be a line at the entrance of the Casino. Please be patient as we keep count.
- Should you exit the Casino for any reason, including going to eat at the Food Court or the Steakhouse, it will require you to get back in line to re-enter.
- Wristbands and facial coverings are required to enter the Food Court and Steakhouse. If you do NOT have a wristband, screening is required before entry.
Facial Coverings are mandatory by Tribal Ordinance. If caught without a facial covering, you will be cited.
No smoking near entrance of Casino and in entrance line.
Frequently asked questions guests might have:
Q: Are you open?
A: Yes, we opened to the public at noon on August 21, 2020.
Q: Are your buses running?
A: Currently we do not have our charter buses; we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Q: Are your shuttle buses from Lot 4 running?
A: Currently the shuttle from Lot 4 is for employees only; guests will have to drive up. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Q: Are you closing anytime due to the Governor closing everything?
A: Currently we are open and plan on staying open. Please stay tuned to our social medias and website where we will post notices should anything change.
Q: Are your restaurants opened?
A: The Grizzly Food Court is open 24 hours and The River Steakhouse is open Thursday – Sunday 5pm – 10pm.
Q: Are we still required to be screened?
A: Yes, we will continue with precautionary measures as we did prior to closing. Temperature check will be required to get into the Casino, the Food Court, the Steakhouse, and any office building.
Q: Are you still allowing a limited amount of people in?
A: Yes, the Casino is operating at limited capacity.
Q: Am I allowed to smoke in the Casino?
A: The Casino is operating as a Non-Smoking facility. Smoking is permitted outside in the smoking area by the event center.
Q: Are you cleaning the casino?
A: Yes, we have increased preventative measures. We have frequent cleaning schedules in high traffic areas where germs or viruses can be transmitted. We also have more hand sanitizer stations throughout the property.
For Additional Summit Club Questions or Concerns:
- Send a message through Messenger on Facebook @EagleMountainCasino
- Email Marketing@eaglemtncasino.com
- Leave a message calling 800-903-3353 or Contact your Host
- Stay updated on information by following us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or visit our website at www.eaglemtncasino.com
Your Best Bet in Tulare County!
Eagle Mountain Casino is owned and operated by the Tule River Indian Tribe, located on the Tule River Indian Reservation in Porterville, Ca. Since 1996, we have grown to a full service casino with two restaurants, a food court, nearly 1,200 slots, 10 table games, a gift shop, the Yokut’s Coffee House and an Entertainment Center.
The Tule River Indian Tribe of California is an independent, self-governed nation that supports their people and the surrounding communities through culture and economic development.